All Indian People have grown up eating delectable and crunchy pickles made by our grandmas and moms. No feast is finished without them. Lemon pickle, mango pickles hurled with fenugreek, mix veg pickle – and so on! In most Indian families, it is a typical sight to discover enormous glass containers loaded with crisply made pickles sitting on a sunny window ledge. It is a strategy for building up the flavors and giving them a chance to develop. You can’t make at home then buy pickle online to any grocery store.
So, Checkout various pickle varieties Recipes. Try out at least once at home.
Sour Mango Pickle Recipe
1 Cup Pickle Masala for Sour Pickle
2 Cup Raw Mangoes, Peeled and Cut in Square medium piece
1 Cup Cooking Oil/ Groundnut Oil
- Mix Pickle masala and cut mangoes properly in a large bowl. Set aside for 1 day.
- After a Day, Transfer above prepared in a jar.
- Pour hot oil into the prepared mixture in the jar.
- Sour Mango Pickle is ready to serve. Store this pickle in airtight glass jar for long time.
Carrot Pickle Recipe
1/2 Cup Carrots, peeled and chopped
Salt as per Taste
3 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
2 Ginger or Garlic, Finely Chopped
1/8 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/8 Teaspoon Fenugreek seeds powder
2 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
3/4 Tablespoon lemon Juice
- Roast the fenugreek seeds powder and add mustard seeds after the turn off the Gas. Keep aside to cool down and after grind it.
- Heat enough oil to the pan. Mix carrots and ginger properly. And turn off the flame.
- Put all spices except lemon juice. Stir it to mix.
- Keep aside for cooling and after then add lemon juice.
- Store carrot pickle in a airtight jar.
Green/Red Chili Pickle Recipe
250 Grams Indian Achari Mirch, Washed and Cut I round Slices
1 Tablespoon Mustard Seeds (yellow)
1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric
A pinch of Asafetida
2 Tablespoon hot Mustard Oil
1/2 Tablespoon Salt
- Firstly, Wash Green/Red chili peppers and Dry them completely. After that cut into round slices.
- Grind mustard seeds using mixture. Mix chili, mustard seeds, lemon juice and salt properly in a large bowl.
- In hot mustard oil, add turmeric and Asafetida. Mix this oil mixture with above dry mixture well.
- Serve with rice or Indian meal after 2 days.
Sweet Sour Lemon Pickle
400 Grams Lemons, Skinned
2 Cups Sugar
½ Teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Coriander Seeds Roasted and Crushed
1 Tablespoon Cumin Seeds Roasted and Crushed
1 1/4 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds Roasted and Crushed
1/2 Teaspoon Asafetida
1 Teaspoon Black Salt
2 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- Wash and Cut lemons into quarters shape. Soak them in fresh water for two to three months.
- Heat sugar and enough water in a pan. Add lemon juice and Cook to make 1 string Sugar syrup. Mix soaked lemons and cook for 4 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and mix salt, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, asafetida and black salt well.
- Mix red chilli powder after cooling it. Store in airtight bottle.
Chickpeas Fenugreek Pickle (Chana Methi Pickle)
1 Cup Chickpeas
1/4 cup Fenugreek Seeds
1 cup Raw Mango, cubed into small pieces
1.5 cup Peanut Oil
1.5 cups Pickle Masala
2 Garlic cloves
1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
4.5 Tablespoon Salt
- Wash and Soaked chickpeas and fenugreek in separately salted water for 19 hours. Then Change water and Soaked in fresh salted water separately for another 19 hours.
- Put mango cubes, turmeric and salt in a bowl. Keep aside for a day.
- After above both process, Place them on a paper towel for overnight. Then Take a big mixing bowl and mix chickpea, fenugreek, mango cubes and Pickle masala properly.
- Heat oil in a pan and when hot enough, add garlic cloves whole. Turned off the gas and keep aside to cool completely. Remove the garlic from oil and mix this oil in prepared pickle bowl.
- Pickle is ready. Transfer this in a glass jar and leave it for 5 days before serving.
- Serve the pickle with parathas, thepla , khichdi, dal rice or just about anything.
Green Grapes Pickle
250 grams seedless green grape
2 1/2 Teaspoon Pickle masala
3/4 Teaspoon red chili powder
1/4 Teaspoon black salt
Salt to taste
1 1/2 Teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 Teaspoon sugar
4 Teaspoon cooking oil
- Wash grapes and dry them.
- Mix grapes, pickle masala, red chili powder, black salt, lemon juice, sugar and oil well in a large mixing bowl. Covered it for 1 hour.
- Transfer it in a glass jar. You can store for 3 days at room temperature and week in a fridge in summers.
- Served as a side dish with roti or rice or as salad.
Pickle is one of the side dish which served with anyone like roti, paratha, rice, salad etc. It can be so easy to make it at home. you can easily store some pickle like sour mango pickle, sour sweet lemon pickle etc. for thoughout the year. Shop online for needed ingredients for making delicious pickle from online Indian grocery store in USA.