Category: Sweet Dish of Maharashtra Cuisine
Preparation Time : 51-60 minutes
Cook time: 21-25 minutes
Serve : 4
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons oil
Water as Per Needed
¾ cup Chana Dal (Split Bengal Gram)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cardamom powder (eliachi)
¼ teaspoon nutmeg Powder (jaiphal)
- Wash Chana dal and Boil it in 2 cup of water on medium heat in pressure cooker.
- Once the pressure cooker cool down on its own, open the lid and keep it over medium heat.
- Add sugar in it and cook until the dal looks like paste. Stir it in-between. Then Add cardamom powder and nutmeg powder.
- Dal filing is ready to fill.
- Take whole-wheat flour, salt and oil. Take water slowly to make very soft dough.
- Cover the dough and Keep it aside. Let it rest at least ten minutes.
Making Puran Poli
- Make equal part of both the dough and the dal filling.
- Roll the dough balls into small circles. Place one part of the filling in the center of each. Seal it and make a ball. Then make medium circle politely by rolling pin or hands.
- Place the puran poli in the skillet. After a few seconds, spread one teaspoon of oil on the puran poli. Flip it and lightly press the puffed areas with a spatula. Flip again and press with the spatula making sure the puran poli are golden-brown on both sides.
- Repeat same process for the remaining.
- Puran poli is ready to be served and it tastes best when eaten hot.
You can Buy Ingredients here: