Category: Snacks, Breakfast
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Serves: 2 Person
Instruction for Stuffing:
1 Cup Vegetables, Grated or Finely Minced (Commonly used vegetables are potato, carrot, cauliflower, paneer, radish, green peas etc)
2 Medium Onions, Grated or Finely Minced
2 Cloves Garlic, Grated or Finely Minced
½ Green chili, grated or finely minced
¼ Teaspoon Red Chili powder
A Pinch of Garam masala
A Pinch of Turmeric Powder
A Pinch of Cumin Powder
A Pinch of Dry Mango Powder
A Pinch of Carom seeds
Salt as per Taste
Ingredients for Dough:
2 Cups Whole wheat flour (or Atta Flour)
Salt as per Taste
1 Tablespoon Oil
½ Cup Warm water
Procedure for Stuffing:
- Boil Salted water on high flame. Then turn off the flame and add vegetables in it for a few seconds. Drain and Squeeze out the excess water using a dry kitchen towel.
- Heat oil in a pan. Put carom seeds in it. Once its crackled, add green chili and garlic and stir it.
- Add onion in it and cook it for few minutes. Add all above spices in it and put some water in it.
- Then put all boiled vegetables and mix properly. Add little salt in it. Mix it well.
- Stuffing is ready.
Procedure for Dough:
- Take a flour, salt and water in a bowl. Stir it properly. Then add little by little water and knead dough to a soft texture. Cover it with moist kitchen towel to prevent from drying and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Knead the dough again and make small sized balls.
- Roll out into a small circle with help of dry flour using a rolling pin. The edges should be thinner than the center.
- Place a 1 tablespoon of stuffing in the center. Bring all the edges together and make round ball and remove the excess dough on top.
- Seal it properly and press it again to form a circle. Roll it out using rolling pinwith soft handed.
- Place a griddle on the medium flame. when griddle is hot enough then place the paratha on it.
- After few seconds, Switch the size of paratha. And put some oil and cook both side properly.
- Remove and store in airtight container to keep it soft till you eat.
- Serve with yogurt Dip and pickle.
You can buy here ingredients to make this recipe :
Some Other Delicious Recipe: